Home » Recipes » How to Make Carrot Cake Doughnuts Breakfast Recipe
How to Make Carrot Cake Doughnuts Breakfast Recipe
Posted on: 2017-02-27 08:01:22 By Sandhya Sree
These carrot cake doughnuts have all the flavor of your favorite carrot cake with cream cheese frosting but in doughnut form. Baked instead of fried, you’ll love how easy they are to make!
I absolutely love carrot cake. The spices… the dense, super moist cake crumb…. The cream cheese frosting. It’s probably one of the most flavor cakes you can make. And although I was sceptical of any dessert with vegetables for the majority of my childhood.
Now today’s carrot cake doughnuts have all the flavor of your favorite carrot cake recipe, are baked instead of fried, topped with cream cheese glaze, and made without an electric mixer. The whole recipe comes together in way less time than it takes to make a carrot cake – and if you’re like me, you can always a doughnut for breakfast.
Prep Time - Cook Time - Passive Time
20minutes 10minutes 30minutes
3/4 cup - flour spooned
1 teaspoon - cinnamon
Pinch - nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon - baking soda
1/4 teaspoon - salt
2 tablespoons - vegetable oil
1/3 cup - granulated sugar
1 large - egg
1 teaspoon - vanilla extract
2 tablespoons - sour cream
3/4 cup - carrots grated
4 oz - cream cheese softened
1 cup - Powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoon - cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and spray a doughnut pan with non-stick cooking spray. You'll end up with 6-8 doughnuts, so you may need to grease 2 pans or make the doughnuts in 2 batches.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Then in a separate medium-sized bowl whisk together the oil, sugar, egg, vanilla and sour cream.
- Stir the flour mixture into the oil mixture using a spoon or rubber spatula, then stir in the shredded carrots. Be careful not to over mix the batter. Then spoon the batter into the prepared doughnut pan filling each cavity about two-thirds full, or pipe the batter into each cavity using a piping bag or Ziploc bag with the bottom corner cut off. You'll end up with 6-8 doughnuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until if you gently touch a doughnut with your finger it's slightly springy. Allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then remove the doughnuts from the pan and continue cooling on a wire rack.
- Make the Cream Cheese Glaze
- As the doughnuts are baking or cooling, make the glaze. In a small bowl beat the cream cheese using an electric mixer until soft. Then carefully beat in the powdered sugar and the cream as necessary. You may need to add a little extra powdered sugar or a little extra cream as necessary.
- Frost the top of each doughnut using a piping bag or a flat edge knife. Then sprinkle walnuts on top of each.
Subscribe Here! and Stay tune with RK Today!
If you like this article, click the SHARE buttons to share it with your family and friends.