Home » Recipes » Easy to carry Polenta Cake while on travel with simple ingredients
Easy to carry Polenta Cake while on travel with simple ingredients
Traveling is a great way for families to bond, but as the hours go by, energy flags and crankiness can set in. These 5 cakes are guaranteed to lift your spirits and keep things humming along. For easy packing we’ve eliminated messy frostings without sacrificing taste. Slice and wrap portions individually, or fit together in one convenient container.
Ingredients (serves 6 people)
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1-1/4 cups fine cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously grease a 9x9inch baking pan.
- With an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, just until combined.
- Stir in buttermilk and vanilla.
- Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Fold into batter gently.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until tester comes out clean, 30-35 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
Subscribe Here! and Stay tune with RK Today!
If you like this article, click the SHARE buttons to share it with your family and friends.