Home » Health Tips » Believe It Or Not, Your Poop Can Tell If You Are Healthy Or Not
Believe It Or Not, Your Poop Can Tell If You Are Healthy Or Not
Posted on: 2017-03-10 01:04:21 By Sandhya Sree
Although a lot of people find it uncomfortable to talk about their poop, it’s very important to know certain aspects of it because it can reveal a lot about one’s well-being. Defecation is a crucial bodily function. When there is a change in bowel movements, it may be a consequence of changes in one’s diet; however, it could also be a sign of the body’s fight against an infection, or, a sign of a more serious disease or condition.
The stool is around 75% water, whereas the rest is a combination of fiber, dead and living bacteria, different cells, and mucus. A normal poop is usually smooth and soft, elongated, and whole. The texture should be uniform and the poop should be S-shaped. This shape comes from the shape of the lower intestine. When it comes to healthy poop color, it is definitely medium to light brown.
Let’s take a look at what other types of poop mean:
- Small and hard lumpy poop-this may be a sign of acute inflammation of the small intestine. This type of stool is usually small, abrasive, and solid, with a diameter of 1 to 2 centimeters. This type of stool may occur in people who have been taking antibiotics and it usually causes anal bleeding.
- Sausage shaped poop with lumps-this stool is very difficult to pass and may also cause anal bleeding. The diameter is between 3 to 5 centimeters and it is common among people who suffer from IBS.
- Sausage shaped stool with cracked surface-this poop is very similar to the previous one. The main difference is that this one is processed faster.
- Sausage-shaped poop, smooth, and soft-this kind of poop is normal and it’s common among people who defecate once in a day.
- Soft blobs of stool with defined edges-this type of poop is present in people who defecate more than once per day after major meals.
- Fluffy poop with ragged and torn edges-this stool has a soft texture and it may be a potential sign of high blood pressure and stress.
- Diarrhea type of stool-this poop is similar to ordinary diarrhea; however, it happens in conjunction with constipation. Depending on the odor and color, this type of poop may be showing that the body is suffering from some disease or condition.
- Black or bright red stool-this poop is a sign of bleeding in the GIT.
- Pale brown or white stool-this may be a symptom of hepatitis, cirrhosis, or pancreatic disease.
- Yellow-colored poop-usually, the poop is yellow when a person has gallbladder issues.
The unpleasant smell of poop may be a sign of:
Problems with digestion and absorption
Subscribe Here! and Stay tune with RK Today!
Tags: Poop about Health Condition,
If you like this article, click the SHARE buttons to share it with your family and friends.